Thursday, April 28, 2011

Second Thoughts, Serge and (Last) Fin de Siècle French Rap

I may have been a touch harsh on myself and my lack of style yesterday; I am lately more of a cardigans-and-jeans type than a scrungey 15-year-old boy type, but either way it's getting old and the urge to learn how to dress myself before I am aged is getting stronger. I appreciate your feedback a lot.

Today I wrote a bit about food and drinks on my other blog. Tonight I'll prioritize sleep and leave you with a cool little video from an artist I like a lot. This is Senegal-born French rapper MC Solaar sampling the classic Serge Gainsbourg/Brigitte Bardot song Bonnie & Clyde. Youtube won't let me post that video but it is well well worth watching by clicking here. (I may be biased toward the original; my husband and I recessed to it during our wedding ceremony.)








2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy MC Solaar's music. My favorite song is "Hasta La Vista" - a great song to workout to. I also adore Diams. Are you familiar with her? "Jeune demoiselle" and "La boulette" are my two favorites of hers. I never tire of them.

    Thank you for the "Noveau Western" suggestion. I just bought it on iTunes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I don't know Diams. Thank you for the tip. I'm off to Google her now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...