Monday, July 4, 2011

Vanity (both kinds)

Happy Birthday, USA! Today we went to our little town's 4th of July parade. For a wee little burg it happens to boast the second-largest parade in les États-Unis.

The antique store was kind enough to deliver my new vanity over the holiday weekend


and, since I'm feeling cute, a picture of my anonymous son and me after the do today.



I'm wearing a vintage blue and white polka-dot number with new red cork-sole sandals and a bit more post-s'mores pooch than I'd like (but enough self-love to rock it anyway).

Now to wake my sleeping kid and husband to head out to a friend's little bbq. What are your plans for the day?

Happy 4th to you!

4 comments:

  1. You look wonderful. Not sure what "pooch" you're talking about though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great vanity...you will be loving that for many, many years.

    Do you know that I have lived in the Bay Area for almost 26 years and have never been to Alameda? My best friend from high school lives in Oakland, and I used to spend lots of time there - but never your town. That's a shame.

    You look classic and festive in your dress...and I agree with LuxeBytes...what pooch??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the vanity! (even more so than the one you featured a couple days ago). And that dress is too cute--you look great. I am glad to read of another who appreciates vintage things. xxBliss

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat post - wanna follow each other?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...