Tuesday, May 3, 2011

What I am Doing and What I Want to Be Doing

I want to be reading today. I have two quick reads going and each has me transported somewhere fabulous when I pick it up. But even as my mind is off handcrafting shoes in Greenwich Village and Buenos Aires


or swilling martinis or scotch and sodas with Nick and Nora at the Normandie hotel



my body is here taking advantage of a few childfree hours to make progess on my 100 Things in May project.

In two days I am up to three kitchen garbage bags of clothes to give away, a huge box of toys, and a bag of toiletries for which I need to find a home.

When I finish this round I get to go in for a skincare treatment. It's an intermittent fasting day so I'm doing what I can to treat myself in food-free ways. But I wouldn't argue with a martini later on

.

3 comments:

  1. 100 things in May is a great idea. Right after my mother-in-law passed away, it was all I could do to not throw things away. I suddenly saw with clarity how meaningless some items I was holding on to were. It felt great - I should have stuck with that feeling.

    Motivated by your challenge, I think I shall do a bit more purging today.

    I was wondering if you could email me when you get a chance re: the sunscreen comment you left recently. a_shubin (at) comcast (dot) net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read your comments about raw cacao nibs, Iam munching through packs of them, they are so delicious and I love the crunch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adrienne, it's amazing how unimportant the material stuff seems in the face of the bigger things, isn't it?

    Tabitha, thanks for stopping by and talkin' cacao. I'm going to check out your fabulously-titled blog right now. . .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...